This is my first post on my new website built with the R package blogdown, the help of many online help pages, and my lovely husband. I am using Github and Netlify as well. I don’t have the energy to write a post about how I built this, but here is the list of things that caused pain:
- in my config.toml file I had replaced the baseurl default of
baseurl = "/"with
baseurl = "https://www.maraalexeev.com"
this causes problems so just keep it as the /
- on Netlify there is a deploy setting that I did incorrectly so my page worked locally but not online
- somehow I got a post on my page from 1 AD (suspect no date was included on something), I renamed my file from a
foo.Rmdand the problem went away, but I can’t be certain that I didn’t also do something else in my quest.
Overall, this was an amazing but slightly frustrating experience with most of the frustration being at the deployment phase. Now that I have site up and running, I am beyond excited to start doing more with it. I especially am excited about figuring out how to have my data easily accessible for someone re-running my analysis in something that I post.
A few quick things that I hope to do soon are:
- Understand more of what an R project means and how to use it in my workflow
- Figure out how to store files and content in a reasonable method
- Get amazing at Rmarkdown
- Upload old content from my previous website